DCPS to Host FAFSA Night Community
Daviess County Public Schools will be hosting a Community FAFSA Night this Thursday, allowing any local family who would like help filing their FAFSA for college enrollment in the fall of 2023. Representatives from colleges and local universities will also be present.
The event will take place from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Apollo High School, located at 2280 Tamarack Road. The FAFSA is required for all students interested in pursuing federal and state financial aid programs, including grants.
In addition to DCPS College & Career Readiness team members and advisors, financial aid experts from Owensboro Community & Technical College, Brescia University, and Kentucky Wesleyan College will be available to answer questions and provide assistance. .
Families should plan to bring the following items with them to the FAFSA party:
- Your social security number
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a US citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other earned money statements. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Recovery Tool.)
- Bank statements and investment records (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.