Discover the competitive advantages of traveling shuttles
By Vanderland ·
March 7, 2022
The explosion of e-commerce has placed disproportionate demands on retailers’ order fulfillment operations. Whether it’s reduced delivery expectations for consumers, dynamic inventory turnover and growth, changing SKU speeds, or high return volumes, warehouse operators are re-evaluating their automation options.
Shuttle-based automated storage and retrieval (AS/RS) systems for goods-to-person (GtP) order fulfillment, particularly in direct-to-consumer e-commerce operations, offer a flexible and adaptable solution to retail order fulfillment challenges. However, to ensure a successful implementation, matching the right type of shuttle-based automation to its optimal application is essential.
Read our latest white paper, “How Roving Shuttles Improve Order Fulfillment Operations,” to learn what sets the different types of shuttle systems apart on the market. You’ll also learn how implementing AS/RS roaming freight-to-person technology delivers benefits that go far beyond realization to positively impact your bottom line, including:
- Improved command accuracy
- Increased flexibility in daily operations
- Labor issues resolved
- Shorter order times/limits
- Reduced downtime and increased availability
If you’re ready to improve your customer experience, optimize your operations, and maximize profitability, be sure to check out this white paper today.
Vanderlande has been solving the toughest automation challenges for decades.
Vanderlande uses a consultative and collaborative approach to ensure maximum return on your automation investment. Our scalable solutions seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent configurable software, and industry-leading lifecycle services to deliver the best materials handling that maximizes throughput, regardless of peak demand and calendar.
Discover the Vanderlande difference.
At Vanderlande, our employees are our greatest asset. We are focused on providing materials handling operations with the solutions they need to be more efficient – with systems that offer unprecedented flexibility and enable organizations to use their data for greater impact than ever before. And our commitment to optimizing the solutions we install means we won’t rest until your operations are running at peak performance.
Find out why the world’s largest retailers choose Vanderlande to future-proof their warehousing operations.
Join us at MODEX 2022 at booth #B5406 for real-time, interactive demonstrations of our industry-leading warehouse automation solutions. Our teams will be on hand to answer your questions and demonstrate our systems, including:
- SUITABLE: Our automated shuttle-based storage and retrieval system allows warehouse operators to manage an unparalleled range of carton, tray and bin sizes while traversing warehouse levels and aisles independent of platforms elevators. ADAPTO easily sequences and prioritizes orders, allowing warehouses to use individual, direct-connect picking stations that dramatically increase the efficiency and accuracy of fulfillment operations. All of this is done on a system with a much smaller footprint than other shuttle-based systems. The result is that organizations can stock more SKUs and increase the storage density of their facilities, while increasing the speed of their operations.
- Goods-to-Picker (GtP) workstation: Modular in design to offer maximum flexibility and a truly streamlined picking process, Vanderlande’s GtP workstations are highly intuitive and ergonomic. Customers benefit from dramatically improved picking performance on a system that requires minimal training and allows new operators to operate the system in minutes. Seamlessly integrated with ADAPTO, Vanderlande’s GtP workstations also enable individual selection and highly refined sequencing for batch or discrete approaches.
- Front paddle: Vanderlande’s AV (autonomous vehicles) pallets facilitate operations to improve warehouse safety and easily automate pallet movements through the different levels of a warehouse environment (conveyors, racks and floor). Organizations also gain productivity and flexibility with a smaller footprint. The Pallet AV load carrier portfolio includes a variety of automated forklifts (AF) and autonomous mobile robot (AMR). All Vanderlande Pallet AVs use Toyota’s Autopilot technology perfected in more than 700 autonomous vehicles.
- Smart software: Vanderlande’s next-generation software stack makes it easy for organizations to adapt their warehouse automation to meet the needs of today’s consumers, enabling businesses to stay nimble and adapt quickly without making adjustments extensive software. The solution can be plug-and-play or be customized to match specific warehouse processes, while providing real-time insight into warehouse processes.
MODEX 2022 is a great opportunity to see why the world’s leading retailers are choosing Vanderlande to keep up with an exponentially changing market. You can schedule time in advance to meet Vanderlande’s automation experts during the show by contacting: [email protected]
March 7, 2022
Subscribe to Modern Materials Handling magazine!
Subscribe today. It’s free!
Find out what the world’s most innovative companies are doing to improve the productivity of their factories and distribution centers.
Start your FREE subscription today!
Automated Storage · Fulfillment · MODEX · Vanderlande · ·