iodyne Pro Data 48TB announced – High capacity storage with 5GB/s Thunderbolt speeds
iodyne has just announced a 48 TB version of its fast Thunderbolt storage solution: Pro Data. You can store over 6 hours of 8K REDCODE RAW footage or over 20 hours of 4K ARRI ALEXA 35 ARRIRAW footage inside, all without sacrificing portability or redundancy. However, with a price tag of $17,500, this super-fast storage solution surely isn’t for everyone.
American company iodyne offers storage solutions for content creators, post-production facilities and DITs looking for some of the best transfer speeds on the market. Plus, with built-in encryption and redundancy capabilities (RAID-0 or RAID-6), they’ve done their homework and know how valuable your images are.
Features of iodyne Pro Data
In January 2022, iodyne released the Pro Data: the world’s fastest Thunderbolt 3 external storage. In a nutshell, here’s what you can expect from Pro Data:
- Compact dimensions of only 15.39 × 10 × 1.22″ / 39.1 × 25.4 × 3.1 cm with a weight of 7.3 lbs / 3.3 kg.
- Eight Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of the device: four inputs and four outputs.
- Pro Data can achieve transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s.
- Inside the Pro Data are twelve NVMe M.2 SSDs.
- You can software configure each unit with up to 15 different containers/volumes. Additionally, each container can have its own RAID level.
- You can daisy chain multiple Pro Data to reach a maximum capacity of 1.7 PB.
- The Pro Data comes with a dedicated Mac app. A single Mac application can manage all your units. Additionally, Pro data is encrypted with AES-XTS-256 encryption for maximum data security.
At launch, the iodyne Pro Data was available in 12TB or 24TB.
iodyne Pro Data 48TB announced
iodyne goes even further with a new version: the iodyne Pro Data 48TB. Inside you’ll find twelve 4TB NVME M.2 SSDs, which can store up to 6 hours of 8K REDCODE RAW or even over 20 hours of 4K ARRI ALEXA 35 ARRIRAW footage.
Plus, this new 48TB version of the iodyne Pro Data lets you give multiple editors 12TB each, which is handy for multi-user workflows.
Price and availability
The iodyne Pro Data 48TB is available for pre-order for $17,500. Orders should start shipping 8-12 weeks after you place your pre-order. At this price level, there is very little competition in the market, and this is a product dedicated to the high-end market where transfer speeds and reliability take precedence. As a reminder, the 12TB Pro Data is $3,950 and the 24TB version is $7,500.
For more information, please visit the iodyne website here.
What do you think of this 48TB external drive with super-fast transfer speeds? Would such a product be useful for the type of projects you do? Please let us know in the comments below!