Quantum StorNext File System Now Available as a Subscription Service on AWS Marketplace
Quantum, exhibiting at IBC in booth 7.C39, announced the immediate availability of Quantum’s StorNext File System as a subscription offering on AWS Marketplace. AWS Marketplace is one of the fastest ways to deploy StorNext shared storage and allows users to connect from anywhere to edit videos in the cloud as a team. Users can speed up post-production workflows by accessing data and collaborating remotely, eliminating the need to copy or transfer files between users.
“Today’s announcement builds on the work Quantum and AWS are doing to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud. This is the first time Quantum software has been available for licensing and deployment on public cloud infrastructure, making it faster than ever to deploy and use StorNext,” said Nick Elvester, General Manager Primary Storage, Quantum. “Now our customers can quickly establish a shared cloud storage environment for creative users and easily move data between their on-premises and cloud StorNext environments to meet new production demands.
StorNext is offered in a subscription model through AWS Marketplace without requiring any hardware infrastructure build, custom configuration, or client software installation. This represents another step in Quantum’s cloud strategy to meet customer needs for agile production content storage operations, which now include StorNext, ActiveScale™ object storage systems supporting AWS Outposts and Quantum’s leadership position in providing cold storage infrastructure to some of the world’s largest hyperscalers.
StorNext on AWS Marketplace is available in a choice of subscription periods in four configurations, starting with a full StorNext environment of 12 terabytes (TB) of capacity. Each deployment can complement existing StorNext installations in a hybrid model or as a fully cloud-based model to meet emerging customer and partner needs and requirements.
Each StorNext solution includes a complete StorNext shared storage environment and includes:
- StorNext file system deployments in a choice of configurations from 12 TB to 62.5 TB, with pre-configured, out-of-the-box StorNext services to manage and monitor clients, storage volumes, and data movement services such as Quantum FlexSync™ and FlexTier™.
- A range of subscription plans from monthly to multi-year contracts to fit customers’ OPEX budgets. Usage-based consumption patterns are factored into customer-negotiated AWS Enterprise Discount Program (EDP) purchase commitments.
- Available as a private offer from authorized Quantum and AWS consulting partners, such as Integrated Media Technologies and ThunderCat, for custom pricing and other services.
- Efficient support for Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for mass data storage, as well as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS).
- Easy connection via SMB with no client software installation or configuration required.
- Optional Quantum Distributed LAN Client (DLC) available at no additional cost to provide native platform file system experience on macOS, Windows and Linux clients.
- Optional tiering of data and content from StorNext volumes to Amazon S3, Amazon S3 Glacier, or other AWS storage services.
“We have long been a trusted architect of StorNext workflows on physical and converged appliances. Now, as an AWS Consulting Partner, we have a range of deployment options to deliver StorNext environments on AWS to help customers meet and plan for any data flow, analytics, or protection need,” declared Nic Perez, CTO for Cloud at ThunderCat Technology.
“AWS Marketplace helps customers innovate faster and source solutions more easily,” says Mona Chadha, Director of AWS Marketplace and ISV Alliances. “Having Quantum’s StorNext on AWS Marketplace will enable customers to build highly agile data and content workflows on AWS, meeting critical business needs and accelerating time to market.
Customers can also purchase bundled professional services offerings with StorNext on the AWS Marketplace from Quantum resellers and AWS consulting partners like Integrated Media Technologies, Inc. (IMT) and ThunderCat.